• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2014

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have you checked the events calendar (Near Top of Web Page)?

Is anyone out there leaving late April our early May?

Yep! Me and my daughter, McKenzie. Second Camino for me, first for her. Arrive Madrid 1-May and depart SJPdP 3-May. Actually, I'm pretty certain our paths will cross - I remember reading your posts and realized that we have very similar travel plans. :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
P.S. I can only speak for iPhone/iPad, but if you're using the iPhone/iPad app, you won't see the calendar link (at least I've never found it in the app). However, if you use your safari (or other web browser) to get to the site, then you can click on the calendar and see who may have logged their pilgrimages. Hope that helps.

In the meantime, if anyone sees that I'm wrong about the app and calendar link, please provide corrections. Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Leaving St. Jean May 2 and spending the night at Orrison!
Hello Carson. Imagine my surprise to find your name listed on the forum calendar. My wife June and I are also leaving from St Jean
on the 1st or 2nd of May............oh, the surprise part our last name is "Wynne". Regretfully, I haven't participated in this forum, other than absorbing
all the information. We live in northern Minnesota and are both in our 60s and have been planning this trip for the past year. As you can imagine,
we are super excited to get going. Allowing 50+ days to do the walk. Hopefully we can meet.

Tom Wynne

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Carson. Imagine my surprise to find your name listed on the forum calendar. My wife June and I are also leaving from St Jean
on the 1st or 2nd of May............oh, the surprise part our last name is "Wynne". Regretfully, I haven't participated in this forum, other than absorbing
all the information. We live in northern Minnesota and are both in our 60s and have been planning this trip for the past year. As you can imagine,
we are super excited to get going. Allowing 50+ days to do the walk. Hopefully we can meet.

Tom Wynne
Tom,
Hope you start the 2nd! I am flying into Madrid on the 29th and spending my first night in Roncevalles. I have until June 11 to get back to Madrid! I will be 66 before I start. Having a lot of fun planning the trip. I need to get serious about training, though! I'll message you!

May 8 SJPP excited and hoping to meet you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Tom,
Hope you start the 2nd! I am flying into Madrid on the 29th and spending my first night in Roncevalles. I have until June 11 to get back to Madrid! I will be 66 before I start. Having a lot of fun planning the trip. I need to get serious about training, though! I'll message you!
Carson, Tom,
I am also 66, doing my first camino, and am leaving SJPP on the 2nd and stopping at Orisson that night. Looking forward to meeting you.
-- Alan

To all of you walking from SJPdP and Roncesvalles from early May. Keep an eye out for forum patches! I had only walked halfway up the Napoleon before two people I was walking past recognised mine last year. Make sure you sew them in conspicuous places.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will be walking with my friend on May 13th from SJPDP. After 18 months of planning/ dreaming / saving/ training, we have only 10 weeks to go. Praying for good weather and nil injuries :)
Michelle

Michele
We may see you on the walk as we leave from SJ on the 16th May - like you we have been planning and training for almost 10 months so we are looking forward to the Camino - enjoy the time you have on the Camino and remember it's your time

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Hello All, I'm leaving SJPP on May 18 and stopping at Orisson. I'll be going pretty slow, but I hope to see some of you on The Way. I have my Forum patch sewn on my backpack along with an APOC and CCOP (Canadian Company of Pilgrims). Please stop me and say hello or sit with me and take a rest. You'll probably find me, sitting along the path taking a rest, frequently. :) Pennie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One day behind you, Durham. Doubt I'll catch up. I'm going to take it slow out of the box!

You might catch up to me, I'm pretty slow. Will you be staying in Orrison the first night (I will), or going directly to Roncesvalles?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks like I will be one day ahead of you. But you never know when out paths might cross.

Buen Camino.

€60,-
Hi Reyna

I will also be in SJPP on the 12th, starting the Camino on the 13th- unlucky for some but not for me :) I hope to see you along the way.

A bit unrelated but as an Aussie, I have been watching the Eurovision song contest for years here and I'm so excited to know that I will be watching the final in France on the 11th AND be able to vote if I want. Only hope that I'm not too jetlagged as I only fly in that morning :)

Michelle

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I will be leaving SJPdP on the first of May, spending the first night at Orrison. I will have my forum patch on.
Hi, my sister and I are also leaving SJPP on the 1st May - my 64th birthday. We too spend the night at Orisson - see you there!!

Hi, my sister and I are also leaving SJPP on the 1st May - my 64th birthday. We too spend the night at Orisson - see you there!!

The first round is on me.

You can tell who I am by the scallop shell sewn to the side of my hat.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.