• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

May I use last year's credential this year?

Hans Andreas

Last november i walked SJPP - Fromista (350 km). I would like to walk the rest of the camino this year. Do I need a new credential, or can I just continue on the old one?

Hans Andreas (Norway)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
In 2009 I walked the del Norte, carrying the credential issued by the Confraternity of St James. It had several pages empty of stamps when I finished, so when I started the Via de la Plata last year I used that credential until it was full. I completed my walk using a credential issued by the amigos del camino Via de la Plata, which I picked up in Seville when I attended a meeting of the local amigos.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Lots of people have to walk the Camino over a number of years because they cannot take all their annual holiday in one go to walk SJPP to SdC. I discovered that as long ago as 1998. The issuers of sellos are well aware of this.

In both 2007 and 2008 I walked Logrono to Burgos.

I am walking Burgos to León this March and while I am definately taking one of my passports I might take both just to see the wardens etc. faces.

All will be well unless they insist I pay for two bunks. :shock:

Most read last week in this forum