• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Montbonnet

Thornley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
We stayed in a good quality gite on our camino 4 years ago.
Simon and Sabine's were the owners and the food was excellent.

Does anybody have opinions on any new gites that have appeared in this village since our original booking many years ago.
We have a family member who is trying to stay independent of the oldies path.
We heard from others on leaving the village in 2010 that the rooms next to the cafe on leaving the village was very good .
Any comments appreciated.
David

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We stayed in a good quality gite on our camino 4 years ago.
Simon and Sabine's were the owners and the food was excellent.

Does anybody have opinions on any new gites that have appeared in this village since our original booking many years ago.
We have a family member who is trying to stay independent of the oldies path.
We heard from others on leaving the village in 2010 that the rooms next to the cafe on leaving the village was very good .
Any comments appreciated.
David
Hi David,
We are staying with Sabine in April. The other option in Montbonnet is La Grange, they were full on when we enquired but they replied and recommended Sabine @ L'Escole.
So at the very least they are helpful.
Colin

I stayed in the gite next to the bar La Grange and can really recommend it. The room I was in was spacious and clean- and best of all was the wonderful view you got from the communal lounge at the front. You could see the landscape with little volcanic domes dotted everywhere. I loved it. IMG_7167.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed in the gite next to the bar La Grange and can really recommend it.
I wonder whether that is not "La Grange"?
The 2014 Miam-Miam-Dodo only lists 2 Gites, L'escole & Gite d'etape La Grange-Bar Le Saint-Jacques.
Colin

IMG_7171.jpg Yes, it is La Grange - has same owner as the bar. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Here's another photo- you can see where they have put in the big window that gives the view. The bar (which you can't see) is just to the left of this building.
Margaret

Thanks Margaret and Colin.
If they avoid our footprints they will stay in La Grange which was the one recommended by others on leaving the village.
We still had a great night in L' Escole

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've stayed in both places now, Thornley, and thoroughly enjoyed both. And on both occasions I've had really bad weather in the last few kilometres before I got to Montbonnet. I wonder what their experience will be?!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back