• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Moving to Santiago

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just published a new blog post about my Santiago adventure, if you don't want to read a long blog post, here a summary:

Reasonably comfortable flights and night at the airport – No luggage lost – Meeting house, neighbours and landlord for first time – Kidnapping the first pilgrims – Sunday lunch with friends – The paperwork fun starts …

And if you want to read the long version (and see some photo/video) you can go here: http://egeria.house/travel-and-first-week/

BC SY

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Courage or ánimo with the administration @SYates .
I was surprised to find out that internet is much more expensive than here in NL, banking also.
As mentioned previously online banking saves you fees.
You may also want to check with your neighbors. It is fairly common to share internet. I paid my neighbor on the floor above an agreed amount of €10.00 per month to use his wifi connection, otherwise you easily pay €45.
Suerte con todo!

It's definitely worth reading the long version.

Mike

Me and my partner just finished our camino and spent 2 lovely nights in Yates' home. She was amazing and even washed our clothes and gave us a private toilet and room. Her flat's location is very central and she was superb. Thank u)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi @SYates - I just noticed this thread -- congratulations! It sounds like an amazing adventure as well as another great service / resource for pilgrims. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.

Good luck with everything!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sybill
Congratulations for making the leap. Fluid Plans Are The Best Plans
I know its a big step and we are nearly neighbours.
I bought a house and moved to Castaneda two years ago after walking the Camino, and try to spend as much time there as I can. The house was empty for many years so I have a lot to do before I can offer much.
I can offer you a cup of tea if you are passing and will be back there 10 June.

Shaun
Cl Santa Maria de la Castaneda
15810 Arzúa (a Coruna)
www.freebird-castaneda.com

Sybille, if we want to follow your blog, or leave a comment, how do we do this? Is there a button to press that you can add to the site?

Sybille, if we want to follow your blog, or leave a comment, how do we do this? Is there a button to press that you can add to the site?

Good call! I knew I had forgotten something ;-) The buttons are now added! You can find them at the bottom of the pages and in the side bar of the blog posts. As for comments, you need to click through to the respective blog post instead of reading it on the 'blog page' to see the comment field.

Thanks for the reminder and Buen Camino, SY

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum