• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe + Via de la Plata

Ghislaine

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francès(2006)
Le Puy/Conques(2009)
Del Norte(2012)
Portuguese(2018)
I am Ghislaine. I will arrive in Malaga Sept 3rd, my friend Chantelle, from Brittany will meet met there and we will be starting the Mozarabe from Almeria on Sept. 7. We'll walk to Merida and from there Via de la Plata. A short introduction, as Peregrina2000 was mentioning, it's nice to add your name to the calendar which is what I'm trying to do with that thread!😊 Let's see if I manage to go to the process!😊

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I am Ghislaine. I will arrive in Malaga Sept 3rd, my friend Chantelle, from Brittany will meet met there and we will be starting the Mozarabe from Almeria on Sept. 7. We'll walk to Merida and from there Via de la Plata. A short introduction, as Peregrina2000 was mentioning, it's nice to add your name to the calendar which is what I'm trying to do with that thread!😊 Let's see if I manage to go to the process!😊
woo hoo you did it! For others who might need some guidance, take a look at Ivar’s clear instructions.

Wishing you a wonderful Mozárabe, @Ghislane. I think I remember that you have been in touch with the Association and that you don’t plan to sleep in albergues, but I could have my peregrinas mixed up. Anyway, September 3 is not very far away, you are really into countdown mode now.

Have you made reservations? Any pre-camino info you have about the state of the Mozárabe world would be very helpful to others, I’m sure.

Very much hoping that the weather is bearable. If you are going to stay in Almería at all for touring, there are some great suggestions on this thread.

I think @islandwalker is about as close as it gets to being the forum expert on Almería. If you search the forum for posts with the word Almería and written by her, you will get a wealth of information about things to see and do there.

Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
woo hoo you did it! For others who might need some guidance, take a look at Ivar’s clear instructions.

Wishing you a wonderful Mozárabe, @Ghislane. I think I remember that you have been in touch with the Association and that you don’t plan to sleep in albergues, but I could have my peregrinas mixed up. Anyway, September 3 is not very far away, you are really into countdown mode now.

Have you made reservations? Any pre-camino info you have about the state of the Mozárabe world would be very helpful to others, I’m sure.

Very much hoping that the weather is bearable. If you are going to stay in Almería at all for touring, there are some great suggestions on this thread.

I think @islandwalker is about as close as it gets to being the forum expert on Almería. If you search the forum for posts with the word Almería and written by her, you will get a wealth of information about things to see and do there.

Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie! Reading your posts were always such a delight and a ton of informations. You rock!

I have been in touch with the Mozarabe Association, they are really helpful and provide a lot of advices and information. It worth joining their Facebook group. I am a Facebook friend, contacted Nely in Almeria. She is always quick to answer your questions. We will meet her when we get there. I have booked my 2 nights in Malaga, my 2 nights in Almeria, I have the Guide of their Association, there is many municipal albergue that are closed, but this time we might stay in Hostal, or private gites.

I'm sure that the first few weeks will be pretty toasty, but with early start, it could be worst. There is also some fires right now in Villaharta. There will probably be a detour to make. We'll see what's the situation when we get there. But all and all... yes, the countdown has really started. I'm really, really looking forward, as you can imagine. It was a last year project. I hike a lot here in beautiful BC, but it's not as walking day to day in another country! Thank you again for the info and the best wishes!

It would be great if you share updates along the way.

Buena suerte!
Thank you! When I walk, I usually don't do more than needed on the web, except contact my love ones, look some maps, informations about the road, book places to stay, but if something out of the ordinary comes up, I'll do it, for sure and with pleasure!😊

Ghislaine, I'm so excited for you and will be looking forward to hearing your reports since we plan to walk part of the Mozarabe in spring 2022. I'm sending you a pm with some information I've gathered.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I’d be very interested in hearing about your camino, as I have planned this same trip for two years now! Tentatively set this time for April-May of 2022, if Covid allows.
Buen camino!
Lynn

I’d be very interested in hearing about your camino, as I have planned this same trip for two years now! Tentatively set this time for April-May of 2022, if Covid allows.
Buen camino!
Lynn
Thank you! It was a last year project also! We plan 2 months 1/2 roughly. When I’m back for sure I’ll write something about it. I also wish you all the best in your Camino.🙏

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you! It was a last year project also! We plan 2 months 1/2 roughly. When I’m back for sure I’ll write something about it. I also wish you all the best in your Camino.🙏
Good to hear your expected timeline. I’m planning for 8 weeks, but may add extra days to make sure I see the historical sites. I’m a very fast walker by nature, but a friend wants to come along, so I’m balancing having company with my desire to keep my normal pace!
I will definitely look forward to hearing your experience! I hope it’s all you’ve dreamed of and more!

Ghislaine, I'm so excited for you and will be looking forward to hearing your reports since we plan to walk part of the Mozarabe in spring 2022. I'm sending you a pm with some information I've gathered.
I’ll be walking in April 2022 ( in Almeria over Easter) on the Mozarabe all the way to Santiago. Hope I get to meet you as I hear you’re the expert!
Lynn

Good to hear your expected timeline. I’m planning for 8 weeks, but may add extra days to make sure I see the historical sites. I’m a very fast walker by nature, but a friend wants to come along, so I’m balancing having company with my desire to keep my normal pace!
I will definitely look forward to hearing your experience! I hope it’s all you’ve dreamed of and more!
Same for me. I’m usually a fast walker. The good friend I‘ll be walking with is a slower walker and I’m good with that. We talked about it, she knows and I know. I’m not in a rush, If I really feel the urge to go my pace, we’re both good with that. We’ll meet at our next stop. This walk, this time around, for me is not about my pace… I mostly want to enjoy every second, moment….💖 Carpe diem!🙏

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Be very careful walking. I know you are aware of the heat. After living in Southern Oregon for years with more and more summer wildfires all over the Pacific Northwest and California breathing smoke from wildfires can be as or more dangerous than the heat. You mentioned that there were wildfires. May I recommend you read this article to that will list some of the health risks but more importantly suggestions on staying safe when walking and having to contend with smoke.

I hiked fron Almeria on july,31 but I had an health problem, so I had to stop in Granada. I hope that I'll start again very soon. Due to covid, your first stage will be Alméria - Santa Fe. Please contact the Pilgrim association of Almeria, they will help you !
Assciacion Mozarabe Almeria
other hand, FB page : FB Page

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hiked fron Almeria on july,31 but I had an health problem, so I had to stop in Granada. I hope that I'll start again very soon. Due to covid, your first stage will be Alméria - Santa Fe. Please contact the Pilgrim association of Almeria, they will help you !
Assciacion Mozarabe Almeria
other hand, FB page : FB Page
Thank you! I’m already in contact with the Association since last year and I am a facebook friends. Nely from the Morabe Association will be greeting us in Almeria, which is something shes does with all the pilgrim that join the Association on facebook and of course, when you inform her of your arriving. Thanks again!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.