• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Municipal albergues in March open?

ClintBallinger

Time of past OR future Camino
2020. I used to live in Pamplona & did an archaeological dig in Roncesvalles, know many Camino towns
I am planning Porto to Santiago in March, wondering if most accommodation is open, especially municipal accommodation?
Related: are there stages where no available? I plan to go slow, do shortest stages possible in general to maximize time in villages etc.
Thought to start on coast out of Porto, then central way as soon as can join.
In general wondered if many people will be walking then- some company would be nice

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I don't know about the Portuguese part of the route but once you enter Spain the Xunta albergues are open all year round. Even if you are the only pilgrim that night - something I encountered a couple of times this week on the CF.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum