• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Name of Albergue in Sansol please? :)

Mary Garvey

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2016
Hopefully continue next year
This is my first time to post on this site!
I recently returned after walking from Puente de la Reine to Logrono on the Camino francaise. Unfortunately I have to fill in a few gaps in my diary!
Can anyone help? I am sure that I stayed in Sansol - if you have stayed there can you remember an Aubergue with a bar, where we registered and where we later had our lovely evening meal? There was also a foot pool romanesque style outside as well as a garden. CAN YOU GIVE ME THE NAME OF THIS Aubergue please?
My brain did not seem to be in gear some days. Why did I not take a picture of this nice place?
Buen camino!
Thank you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My feet have happy memories of this albergue too - loved the foot pool!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Like others have said, I think it was just called Albergue-Sansol. I stayed there after a long day. Almost everyone I was walking with opted for the town right before this one. I chose to push on for 7km more to reach Sansol. I am glad I did. It was one of the best albergues I stayed in(although the beds were incredibly squeaky). I got to here the locals talk to each other in Basque language into the night since it also serves as the only restaurant for the town.

Thank you WncCamino - yes I did not intend to stay to stay there but just rolled in. I was glad I did.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My feet have happy memories of this albergue too - loved the foot pool!

Thank you aisbr! It was a very pleasant place for a rest and a wonderful meal that evening. Why did I not take a pic?
Thank you all for helping me recall ....

Most read last week in this forum