Navigating the bigger towns

Ianhooper

We did it. 27.09.2015
Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, Oviedo to Santiago 2015
Frances, SJPdP to Santiago 2016
Portuguese,Porto to Santiago 2017
Hi everybody,
My partner and I will be walking the Primitivo from Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela, using the easier of the three possible routes, as suggested by Forwalk.com, in September.
Whilst we are both experienced walkers and navigators, we both have concerns about the route signage in and around bigger towns.
For instance, if the scallops are set in the roadway and a vehicle is parked above it we would be walking around in circles.
Please re-assure us that this is not the case and we will find our way without any infighting.
Best regards to you all,
Ian

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everybody,
My partner and I will be walking the Primitivo from Oviedo to Santiago de Compostela, using the easier of the three possible routes, as suggested by Forwalk.com, in September.
Whilst we are both experienced walkers and navigators, we both have concerns about the route signage in and around bigger towns.
For instance, if the scallops are set in the roadway and a vehicle is parked above it we would be walking around in circles.
Please re-assure us that this is not the case and we will find our way without any infighting.
Best regards to you all,
Ian
Fear not or be,drwawn in tiny,details.,,you'll be fine, and when in doubtnjust ask or backtrack a not.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everybody,
Best regards to you all,
Ian
As Anemone stated, you will fine and don't worry. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi everybody,

Just a bit off-topic, but I'm wondering what you mean by "the easiest of the three possible routes?" (I didn't get to a website using Forwalk.com) I assume two of the three are Hospitales and Pola de Allande, but as between the two of them I think people are not in agreement on which is the more difficult. But what's the third? Buen camino, Ian, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just a bit off-topic, but I'm wondering what you mean by "the easiest of the three possible routes?" (I didn't get to a website using Forwalk.com) I assume two of the three are Hospitales and Pola de Allande, but as between the two of them I think people are not in agreement on which is the more difficult. But what's the third? Buen camino, Ian, Laurie
Hi Laurie, my apologies to all for giving an incorrect website address. I should have given santiago.forwalk.org . On reaching this site click on Primitive Way, then select the medium, hard or easy route. Buen camino.

Thanks, Ian, I hadn´t seen this site before. Nice that it gives you a variety of options, but I wouldn´t write that itinerary in stone if I were you. Wait and see how you feel, because if you don't want to stop when you get to Escamplero, there are also places to stay in Grado, which is a total of about 21 km from Oviedo, or further on in San Juan. But in any event, it's nice to have these comparisons. Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Thanks to those of you who have wished me Buen Camino pm! My plan was Salvador/Prim, but 1) cold feet because of a knee (old injury) and 2) would have to rush with no possibilty of short/rest...
We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back