• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need to book hostals in advance?

irishdon

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino finisterre
Doing my first camino, Santiago to Finisterre, on my own and setting out from Santiago to Negreira on saturday morning.
I have read a lot of advice on this amazing forum, but really dont know what to expect as regards booking accomodation.
Can I just leave early on saturday morning and find something in Negreira when I get there or do I really need to book in advance?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi irishdon, Am just ahead of you!
I left Santiago this morning. I arrived in Negreira around 11:00am!
Most of the albergues weren't even open, but I had the pick of a least 4!
There's are 2 before you really enter the main town, I preferred something a bit closer to were the Camino restarted!
Am staying in the Albergue Carmen, its above a cafe/restaurant! I was the only Pilgrim here till about 2pm, a few more arrived, but it's still virtually empty!
Dont booked anything, just walk in

Where did you stay on your way to the coast?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just finished walking. We did not book and had no problems.