• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus Muxia to Santiago Do I Pre book and with who?

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Do I have to prebook bus from Muxia to Santiago and timetables please 30th August

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Do I have to prebook bus from Muxia to Santiago and timetables please 30th August
It is not essential to prebook this service. Monbus do allow you to book tickets online in advance but their website does not show the August timetable yet. Here are the buses for the last Wednesday in July. Probably very similar in August - the timetable doesn't usually change a great deal.

1688378611770.png

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I used it last month, Muxia to Santiago. Great service.
It's probably best to book, once the relevant schedule is published. It can get busy.
A week or two out is plenty of time!
It fills up with Pilgrims at Muxia, and then closer to Santiago it fills up again, with regular local passengers.
When I got it, it was probably 50-60% full leaving Muxia.

Last edited:
I used it last month, Muxia to Santiago. Great service.
It's probably best to book, once the relevant schedule is published. It can get busy.
A week or two out is plenty of time!
It fills up with Pilgrims at Muxia, and then closer to Santiago it fills up again, with regular local passengers.
When I got it, it was probably 50-60% full leaving Muxia.
Wow how times have changed… I’ve taken it twice, filled with nervousness that I’d miss it the first time. Terrified of the procedure.
It ended up I walked to I think a coffee shop, bought my ticket, sat alone on a bench ( I think) and got on an empty bus….
It did fill up with what looked like a bunch of young students and workers as we got closer to Santiago!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok, if you don't have a ticket, you will be asked to wait until passengers with a ticket are on board. You can buy online or at the Monbus ticket window in advance.
There's a ticket window? In Muxia? Never saw that.....
I think I saw one in Fisterra.

Had a bit of a weird experience last year where some lady seemed to really need to get on the bus and had not pre booked which lead to the driver getting almost violent
Guess it depends if you can afford to take the next bus or not. If missing the bus means missing your flight back home, i'd rather book ahead.

edit: this was in Fisterra, but i guess the same goes for Muxia.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You can buy at ticket in Santiago at the ticket window or at the ticket window in Finesterre or in Muxia buy online or take your chances. In the summer there are several buses each day. Maybe take the early bus at 6 am The most crowded one seemed to be the 11:45 one back to Santiago.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
May 1st is a celebrated Labour Day holiday. Do the buses still run from Muxia to Santiago ?
I expect that they do, perhaps on a public holiday or weekend schedule. I caught the bus back from Fisterra to Santiago on Easter Sunday, and in other places I travelled last year, buses (and trains) ran on the public holidays and feast days. Don't expect the schedule to be available before Mar, and it might even be as late as the beginning of April before it goes on-line for bookings.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back