• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Gear Store in Zubiri

Status
Not open for further replies.

nreyn12

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked (2005) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015); Guide 2013-2016
There is a new, fantastic addition to Zubiri this year - the gear shop 'Planeta Agua.' It's a chain that also has locations in Santo Domingo de las Calzada and Logrono, and they sell everything a pilgrim could need or want.

The shop is perfectly located in Zubiri, 22 kms after Roncesvalles. By this point pilgrims usually know what gear they are missing for the current conditions. Prices are a little on the high side, but comparable to many other gear shops on the Camino. The shop is just after you enter town over the bridge, in the tiny Plaza Mayor, opposite Albergue Zaldiko.

Boots...ponchos...buffs...trekking poles...rubber tips for your poles...everything!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was glad to see this fairly small shop as I walked into Zubiri as I was in need of a new pair of bootlaces.....they have quite a wide range of gear and, the lady at the counter was very helpful and friendly....

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Sooooo it's 9 years later and I'm wondering if this store is still in Zubiri? I know they have one in Viana and one in Santo Domingo - but wondered if the Zubiri one was still open?

Sooooo it's 9 years later and I'm wondering if this store is still in Zubiri? I know they have one in Viana and one in Santo Domingo - but wondered if the Zubiri one was still open?
The Planeta Agua in Zubiri was gone when I was there in May.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum