• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Gear up in Sarria

Denniswalkcamino

Viviendo el sueno
Time of past OR future Camino
CF,CP,VDLP,CI,CS,CN
Hola peregrinos,

I'm walking from Sarria in June with my uncle. I was just wondering if it's possible to get most of our gears including backpack, poles, shoes, hat, some clothing in Sarria instead of bringing everything from home? Are there decent gear stores in Sarria? And which albergue to stay in Sarria? Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
in Sarria the shop Peregrinoteca, rua Benigno Quiroga 16, is a handy place to buy gear. They are located on the edge of the camino and have a great selection. See more here.

For places to stay in Sarria checkout
this list from the Gronze Camino Frances on line guide.

Happy planning and Buen camino to you both.

Last edited:
get most of our gears including backpack, poles, shoes, hat, some clothing in Sarria
Yes, but I would strongly advise you to get and test your shoes at home, where you will likely have a better selection. It is too important to have the right shoes, to leave them until the last minute!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
in Sarria the shop Peregrinoteca, rua Benigno Quiroga 16, is a handy place to buy gear. They are located on the edge of the camino and have a great selection. See more here.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to start walking in June.
Yes, but I would strongly advise you to get and test your shoes at home, where you will likely have a better selection. It is too important to have the right shoes, to leave them until the last minute!
Yes, that's great advice. Blisters will be a real deal-breaker on the Camino. Noted with thanks.

I also think it is a good idea to buy your backpack and test it out on some long hikes. You never know how well a pack is truly going to feel on your back and hips until you walk with it. It might pinch or rub or any number of other things that will not be revealed by just trying it on and walking around the store.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.