• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New to the Camino this late June/early July

Arrim

Time of past OR future Camino
First timer
Hello!
I fly into Bilbao on June 24th (so soon!) and will have until July 10th for my walk. Wish I could do the whole thing, but I can't get enough time off work, sadly.
Does anyone have recommendations for which route to take? Do you recommend Camino Frances or the Northern Route, given that it is not important to me to end up in Santiago? I am nervous about crowns in late June/early July, but also do not want to be completely solitary. I was thinking of busing from Bilbao to Roncesvalles, but after reading some recent posts I am a bit worried about the crowds as I really do not want to have to plan my auberges in advance. I am traveling alone for the first time, and I am very excited about exploring the Spanish countryside, getting to know my fellow pilgrims, and also chatting with the local folk. Any advice for a good 2-week camino chunk is greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much for your help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I suggest Leon to Santiago on the Camino Frances.
thank you, falcon269, I should have specified, I think I am going to do my Camino in stages, so do not feel it necessary to end up in Santiago. I'm open to all suggestions! Thank you for your response.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum