• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

No backpack left behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfarer1

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2023
Ok, so let's say, hypothetically I arrive at my accommodation at 3 in the afternoon, I have all valuables sensibly on my person in a waist pouch with everything inside in waterproof bags. I find my bed, and put my pack beside it. I then decide to go out and explore the neighborhood, still with valuables on me. What do you do with your big pack? I've heard of people securing packs to bed posts, or is there normally somewhere provided that's secure?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Personally I just leave my big pack in the dorm and carry anything valuable in zipped pockets in my trousers. Very unlikely that anyone will steal my fairly elderly pack or its contents which are of very little intrinsic value. Some places have lockers but many do not.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum