• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Norte coastal reroute at Pasaia

Lee Jackson

Remotelee
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Apr-may 2017 Portugues (2018) Norte (2018) Le Puy (2019) Celtic (2019) Frances (2019)
Hi all, yesterday at pasaia when you get off the ferry and head to the coastal route the path is blocked / gated and crews pouring concrete it will be closed for a while as they work. If you take the road heading uphill , White in screen capture it connects to path at top gate of closed section. Hope that makes sense!

Attachments

• 0D1400B8-8CDC-4064-AE61-36F4F53C1004.png
    268.9 KB · Views: 52
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi!
Just did this bit today and it was just where the red line shows. It did go through some construction, but just for a few meters. It was all good!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Me, too! You weren't the Peregrino offering Sangre de Cristo on the Purgatorio were you?

Me, too! You weren't the Peregrino offering Sangre de Cristo on the Purgatorio were you?

Hahahaha!! No, it wasn’t me! I did the Purgatorio yesterday and slept in Pasaia. I’m not fit enough :-D Taking it slow, although tomorrow is going to be tough again... hope my legs will manage!!
Buen Camino!
Stella

I totally understand! I dragged my aching body to San Sebastian and I'm considering either a bus to Igueldo or at least the tram.
Maybe I'll see you out there. I'm the achingly slow Peregrina with the black bandana.
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I totally understand! I dragged my aching body to San Sebastian and I'm considering either a bus to Igueldo or at least the tram.
Maybe I'll see you out there. I'm the achingly slow Peregrina with the black bandana.
Buen Camino!

Oh my! I was so glad I slept in Pasaia!! There was no way I would have made it to San Sebastián yesterday!!
My legs hurt today, I did some sightseeing in San Sebastián to make it worse for the legs... so, yeah, maybe we’ll see each other! I’m the peregrina dragging herself to Orio tomorrow with a white hat (if it’s sunny!)

I walked tis stretch today and you could follow the arrows without any problem. If the alternative route avoids those terrible stairsI would have taken it if I would have known about it.

Most read last week in this forum