• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not long now

evan sievers

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to (2015)
Hello all, catching the big bird in 6 days bound for the Camino, i have been looking for daily weather just to help with final clothing selection. Hope to meet some you on 'the way'. Any tips greatly appreciated. Buon Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the board! How exciting to be so close to your start day. I am not sure what route you are planning but personally I find that items that can be layered work best for the invariably changing weather.

Welcome Evan and Buen Camino!

I leave SJPdP September 7th for 6 weeks and am packing to handle most any weather other than heavy snow. Good luck on your decision.

Mike

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello all, catching the big bird in 6 days bound for the Camino, i have been looking for daily weather just to help with final clothing selection. Hope to meet some you on 'the way'. Any tips greatly appreciated. Buon Camino.
I can't wait to hop the bird! 9/28!

And for you, Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How exciting for you!
Even, there's just no way to cover all the weather possibilities, but I would think in terms of heat and layering rather than cold this time of year.
In other words, just take some shirts you can layer - 1 long sleeved undershirt, 1 short sleeved shirt, and maybe a lightweight fleece.
No need for a coat.
I promise, even in cooler weather, you'll be peeling off layers within 15 minutes!

A featherweight windbreaker can be useful.
And be sure to take some type of raingear - I prefer an ALTUS poncho which you can pick up in SJPP.
Buen Camino!

How exciting for you!
Even, there's just no way to cover all the weather possibilities, but I would think in terms of heat and layering rather than cold this time of year.
In other words, just take some shirts you can layer - 1 long sleeved undershirt, 1 short sleeved shirt, and maybe a lightweight fleece.
No need for a coat.
I promise, even in cooler weather, you'll be peeling off layers within 15 minutes!

A featherweight windbreaker can be useful.
And be sure to take some type of raingear - I prefer an ALTUS poncho which you can pick up in SJPP.
Buen Camino!
I so hope the Altus ponchos are less expensive in SJPP than ordering them online here! Last price I saw was 60 Euro.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Evan, I think that you alone can make the clothing selection.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino, I will be at the Camino Office fron October 1st to the 15th, please say hello

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen Camino, I will be at the Camino Office fron October 1st to the 15th, please say hello

Which one are you in your avatar? I'm going to try to find you as I fly home from Santiago de Compostela the morning of October 16th so I need to be there on the 15th.

Wow, thanks so much for all the responses re my inquiry, yep layering, makes sense, and final item is rain jackets, for each of us, as im walking with Janine my wife, looking to rumage the local camping/hiking stores. Pack weight is about 8kg plus o2 and Jens is 6kg plus o2, feeling confident and have done more than 100 hrs in boots, so all thats left for us are the flights, registration and the marché to Santiago following the long shadows of the pilgims whose footsteps we dont fill but follow and trust.
Buo Camino

I will be leaving on the 16th at 9:25 am. From SC to Madrid. When do you complete your Camino ? I am on the left and will be in the Pilgrim Office. Glass of wine and dinner ? Need to know how to grow a "handlebar" ! I look forward to meeting you Mike.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will be leaving on the 16th at 9:25 am. From SC to Madrid. When do you complete your Camino ? I am on the left and will be in the Pilgrim Office. Glass of wine and dinner ? Need to know how to grow a "handlebar" ! I look forward to meeting you Mike.

I am a fast walker by nature and I have 40 days to walk so I don't know when I will finish. I do know my flight home is the morning of October 16th.

Dinner on the 15th sounds great!

Most read last week in this forum

Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot
I loved my 2022 Camino Frances!! Leaving Los Angeles on May 26 for Lisbon. Will walk the Portuguese Costal route and the spiritual variant. Starts from Porto on June 4 and arrive in Santiago on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back