• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

now there's a raincoat for the backpack

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life

or if you want to be seen

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have it in purple and used it quite sucessfully in 2011. Did the job and everybody knew me from my poncho!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rachael, what is that? Is it a ZPack?

Karl

Here's the link for the first one

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new ... 19517.html

(I found them when googlesearching raincoat poncho images - looking for ideas to make my own)

Caminogen....does the opening for your hands leave quite a bit of your arms exposed? It looks like it in the picture. And if so, could sleeves be attached? Also, did you experience heavy rain?

Hello Kiwifamily,

The "arms" are a little bit longer than 3/4 lenght and do taper off so the opening is not that big. One could add a snap to close them further. As for reliability, it worked fine in the incredible downpours I had between SJPP and Orisson and on my 34 km day to Monte de Gozo; my pack and my upper body were dry. As for the bottom, after a few hours, nothing will keep your legs dry unless you wear rain pants. The poncho doesn't fly in the wind because it does come in around the legs and it is seamed. I would recommend it for spring and summer but not late fall or winter.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum