• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

October 2021 English Way

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi!
I'm going to walk from Ferrol starting Thursday 7 October.
I plan to take 7 days.
Then after a night in SdeC I shall walk to Finisterre and on to Muxia over a further 7 days.
Maybe see you somewhere along the paths.

Hi!
I'm going to walk from Ferrol starting Thursday 7 October.
I plan to take 7 days.
Then after a night in SdeC I shall walk to Finisterre and on to Muxia over a further 7 days.
Maybe see you somewhere along the paths.
Hi Julia,
I will be starting on the 10th from Ferrol. I hope your Camino is a blessed one. I'm looking forward to spending a 2 to 3 days in Sdec, before I go to Finisterre.

Bueno Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Going back to finish this October, the English Way. Back in 2015 I started the French way, but after I injured my knee I had to stop. I walked 180 miles.
Awesome! You’ll love the Inglés! Just when you’re into it it winds down, though. If you have time, I would recommend cont to the coast. Buen camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Andrew & Julia
Wishing you both a safe and enjoyable Camino ingles. When you get to Santiago I would recommend you accept the invitation to visit Pilgrim House! Pilgrim House. they will make you feel very welcome.
I would recommend staying at the Hospsderia San Martin Pinario ( 2 Star ) in Santiago Its just across the road from the Cathedral. Book in advance and ask for a Pilgrim Room which is at a reduced rate. The rooms are clean simply furnished with a single bed and shower. However, you have access to all the other hotel facilities and buffet style breakfast etc.
When walking to Finisterre think about staying in CEE it's a beautiful Coastal village with a sandy beach. You will certainly enjoy the walk to Muxia which runs parallel with the coast and now and again you get glimpses of the ocean.
I am sure you are aware there is a bus service from Muxia to Santiago.

I am a member of the Confraternity of St James (CSJ) its an London based Charity set up the promote the Camino. We have a very good website csj.org.uk its full of useful information and tips on walking the Camino.

I work as a volunteer Hosptalero in our Albergue Gaucelmo in Rabanal de Camino on the Camino Frances 22km from Astorga .We also have another Albergue San Martin de Miraz on the Camino del Norte. Both are Donation only Albergues.

We are not opening our Albergues this year because of the uncertainty with COVID / Travel restrictions. Hopefully we will be opening on the 1st April 2022 at the start of the season.

Carpe Diem and live the Moment.

R J

Thank you Raymond.

I have stayed at Hospederia San Martin Pinario before, and have already booked a pilgrim room for a night when I complete the Ingles, and then a further night the following week when I return from walking on to Finisterre and Muxia. It is a wonderful place to stay and such good value.

I do intend to stay in Cee, and am making notes of albergues which might suit.

I've rented a car and driven to Finisterre and Muxia, but am looking forward to reaching both places on foot.

According to gronze.com, it seems that more than a few albergues are still closed at this time, and in small towns like Hospital de Bruma, all beds are already booked for the night I expect to be there. And I only tried to book there because it is such a small place with so few beds available!

Thank you again for your advice.

Julia
I agree there is a limited number of Albergues that will be open . However I believe the Xunta Albergues will be open
When I walked the camino Finisterre in 2015 I used the John Brierley guide to the Camino Finisterre. In Negreira in stayed in the Xunta Albergue located just on the edge of the town, It a modern Albergue with single beds and In Olveiro Xunta Albergue there an adjoining cafe/ bar and laundry.
I hope you find this helpful

All the best.

RJ

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Awesome! You’ll love the Inglés! Just when you’re into it it winds down, though. If you have time, I would recommend cont to the coast. Buen camino
Thank you RJ, yes I was going to go to the coast. Can't be that close without going.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.