• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

oh for the love of my feet!

scribblingdavey

Hello,

Just read a thread below about the difficulties in choosing the right kit for our blessed little feet. I've put this question on the Camino Frances forum, which was a mistake, but i shall ask it here anyhoo - anyone know about these Sealskinz socks? they're £20 per pair and are like wetsuits. the lady at Millets swears by them, but i'm not so sure...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Saelskinz

Hi Davey,
I wore a pair of Sealskinz in 2001 walking the Wainwright's Coast to Coast. They were completely waterproof but didn't dry very quickly. In fact they hold water almost as well as a platypus! However, if you are not wearing waterproof boots they can be a lifesaver.
A good hiking sock for dry days are Bridgedale with Gortex. They have a lycra sole which are extremely comfortable and the gortex helps keep them dry.
PS: I still have the Sealskinz and will be wearing them when I walk the Via Francigena starting at Lake Lausanne in June.

Most read last week in this forum