• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On making the decision to go... again

lindseh

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April/May 2011; May/June 2013; upcoming 2016 Camino
Hi folks! Been here for a while but haven't been active on the forum since my last Camino, so thought I would reintroduce myself.

My name's Lindsey Cowie, a few of you may know me from my Camino advice videos I've been putting on youtube for the past 2.5 years. :) I did the Camino for the first time in 2011 with my dad at the age of 19, and again in 2013 on my own (well, I started on my own, anyway). I've been busy with my psychology degree in the meantime, but have now graduated, and for the first time since, am really feeling the pull to go back.

I've been tremendously fortunate to experience (what I'd consider to be) a good deal of success with my youtube channel. It's wonderful to get to share experiences with those who find my videos, and to feel as though I can give back to the Camino by offering my advice, just like all of you wonderful folks do here. While I just started out making videos for fun, with no expectation of anyone watching them, it's been incredible to watch my channel grow, and I've reached the point where I'm able to make a small bit of money off of youtube's ad revenue of my videos. By the time I head back to the Camino next year, my videos will have paid for my roundtrip flight from Vancouver to Spain, and that completely blows my mind! I want to return this stroke of luck and contribute back to the community by making as much content as possible on my next trip, and during my preparation.

So long story short, haven't decided on an early spring or mid fall Camino yet, but I'm definitely going! I'm planning on working as a hospitalera as well, and will be taking the hospitalero training course in Victoria, BC in October (anyone else here going?!)

Anyway, I'm so glad to be back, and you lot will likely see me lurking on here a good deal more in the coming months!

Ultreia,
Lindsey

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi folks! Been here for a while but haven't been active on the forum since my last Camino, so thought I would reintroduce myself.

My name's Lindsey Cowie, a few of you may know me from my Camino advice videos I've been putting on youtube for the past 2.5 years. :) I did the Camino for the first time in 2011 with my dad at the age of 19, and again in 2013 on my own (well, I started on my own, anyway). I've been busy with my psychology degree in the meantime, but have now graduated, and for the first time since, am really feeling the pull to go back.

I've been tremendously fortunate to experience (what I'd consider to be) a good deal of success with my youtube channel. It's wonderful to get to share experiences with those who find my videos, and to feel as though I can give back to the Camino by offering my advice, just like all of you wonderful folks do here. While I just started out making videos for fun, with no expectation of anyone watching them, it's been incredible to watch my channel grow, and I've reached the point where I'm able to make a small bit of money off of youtube's ad revenue of my videos. By the time I head back to the Camino next year, my videos will have paid for my roundtrip flight from Vancouver to Spain, and that completely blows my mind! I want to return this stroke of luck and contribute back to the community by making as much content as possible on my next trip, and during my preparation.

So long story short, haven't decided on an early spring or mid fall Camino yet, but I'm definitely going! I'm planning on working as a hospitalera as well, and will be taking the hospitalero training course in Victoria, BC in October (anyone else here going?!)

Anyway, I'm so glad to be back, and you lot will likely see me lurking on here a good deal more in the coming months!

Ultreia,
Lindsey
Hi Lindsey , I enjoyd the video's.
Wish you well, Peter.

Thanks folks! Yes, I believe I'll do the Frances again. I've thought about doing the other routes, and maybe will in the future if this one goes well... but I suffered from bad tendonitis on both of my previous Caminos, and I'm not sure if I could make it on those long stages.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, then everything goes well.
Wish you well Lindseh.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.