Pamplona to SJPP - April 27, 2022

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Solitaire

Jun 12, 2018
Ballina, Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007, Chemin du Puy 2016, Primitivo and San Salvador 2018
Pamplona to SJPP April 27 I'm arriving by bus 13:30 ,,
I shared a taxi to Roncevalles and then hitched a lift to St SJPP - very easy by yourself, although I was picked up by and older French couple with no English and I am useless in any language! Arrived and was elated to be finally at the start of my first Camino (2007)

Cliff175

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts
April / May Camino Frances 2013
Portuguese Camino May of 2014
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
2017 March -- VDLP Seville to Santiago
Yea < I'm thinking of hitch hiking, if I have to. I could start in Pamplona but going over the mountain is special.. Thank You for the suggestion,
I went to Austrail on R& R for a week from viet nam, Sydney, great city, wonderful people.
Thanks for your suggestion
Cliff

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Cliff175

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts
St. jean to pomplona, - Santander to Oviedo, SAN Salvador to Leon , to Santiago in 2015
You will probably see other pilgrims on the plane,,,ask around , I was able to get 3 other pilgrims we split the taxi to st Jean- app 20 each. Could be little more now but was worth it. Didn’t have to schedule a shuttle

David Hobson

Mar 14, 2016
Guisborough, UK
Camino Portuguese, Norte
Yea < I'm thinking of hitch hiking, if I have to. I could start in Pamplona but going over the mountain is special.. Thank You for the suggestion,
I went to Austrail on R& R for a week from viet nam, Sydney, great city, wonderful people.
Thanks for your suggestion
Cliff
Have you heard of a ride sharing service, Blabla cars? I used it a couple of years ago to get to the start of my Camino from the airport. Wonderful introduction to a country, cheap and convenient.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Cliff175

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts
I am landing in Pamplona at 13:00. Do you want to share a ride?
I’m arriving at bus station at 1230,,,
Looks like airport is 20 minute ride to bus station…. I have contacted a ride service,,, 100 euro to st jean,, we can split,,, maybe we can have other pilgrims by the time comes,,, I’ll contact them ,, maybe pick me up at bus station then you at airport,? How does that sound?
Do you have reservations in st jean for the night of the 27? I haven’t,, wasn’t sure if I’d be going,,,,, let me know your thoughts,,
Thanks
Cliff

Em2020

May 4, 2019
Thailand
first visit in (2020)
I’m arriving at bus station at 1230,,,
Looks like airport is 20 minute ride to bus station…. I have contacted a ride service,,, 100 euro to st jean,, we can split,,, maybe we can have other pilgrims by the time comes,,, I’ll contact them ,, maybe pick me up at bus station then you at airport,? How does that sound?
Do you have reservations in st jean for the night of the 27? I haven’t,, wasn’t sure if I’d be going,,,,, let me know your thoughts,,
Thanks
Cliff
Your proposal sounds good if airport is on the way to SJPdP. If not, I can get a ride to bus stop. I was also planning to check for other pilgrims in flight that could share a ride. I have reservations at SJPdP at Gite Bidean

Cliff175

Nov 12, 2012
Massachusetts
Your proposal sounds good if airport is on the way to SJPdP. If not, I can get a ride to bus stop. I was also planning to check for other pilgrims in flight that could share a ride. I have reservations at SJPdP at Gite Bidean
I emailed taxi company,, asked if they can pick us up at the two locations,
Also asked how many pilgrims they can transport in the vehicle,, I’ll let you know what they tell me. Couple more pilgrims would be good to share the cost. I booked a place in St. Jean, also.
I’ll let you know what the taxi company tells me,,
Keep in touch
Cliff

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Em2020

May 4, 2019
Thailand
first visit in (2020)
I emailed taxi company,, asked if they can pick us up at the two locations,
Also asked how many pilgrims they can transport in the vehicle,, I’ll let you know what they tell me. Couple more pilgrims would be good to share the cost. I booked a place in St. Jean, also.
I’ll let you know what the taxi company tells me,,
Keep in touch
Cliff
👍 Sam

Most read last week in this forum

We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Hi , I'm looking for some advice. I'm flying to Madrid and catching a bus to Burgos to walk to León. I'm using a light weight foldable bag for my rucksack & poles but I would rather leave the...
Madrid Albergue near airport? I will be going on to Irun/San Sebastian. With thanks, fondly sandi
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides