A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Passport

evanlow

Camino(s) past & future
Frances06
Primitivo07
Plata08
Norte12
Levante(14-15)
Vasco16
Mozarabe(16-17)
Madrid17
Portuguese18
I don't think you can reuse them, for the lack of space and/or also when you arrive in Santiago with the final stamp.
That said, I actually use one for two Caminos. Camino Vasco (8 days) and then followed by Camino Mozarabe (8 days until Cordoba) on the same trip. Both of them does not end in Santiago and I figured the albergues in Camino Mozarabe don't really care about it (I was right).

Camino(s) past & future
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
I started my passport in 2012 in Burgos, walking only to Astorga. I filled the remainder of that Passport in 2014 walking from Astorga to SDC. I did run out of space and had to start a new Passport. However, the Pilgrim office in SDC had no problem joining the two passports to issue my Compostela. Additionally, they issued a distance certificate compiling the 2012 distance from Burgos to Astorga, as well as the 2014 distance from Astorga to SDC. No issues.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - central from Porto (2018 - planned)
It depends on how far apart your Caminos are. My passport is good for ten years.

Oh, you meant a credencial or "pilgrim's passport". I think if your next camino is an extension of an earlier one you don't necessarily need to (depending on how much space you have left for sellos). But if you are starting a new Camino, having completed your earlier one in Santiago, you will likely need a new credencial.

If you have "completed" your credencial in Santiago, and you the space left over for the sellos, you can still use it to continue walking to Finisterre or Muxia.

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
I don't think you can reuse them, for the lack of space and/or also when you arrive in Santiago with the final stamp.
That said, I actually use one for two Caminos. Camino Vasco (8 days) and then followed by Camino Mozarabe (8 days until Cordoba) on the same trip. Both of them does not end in Santiago and I figured the albergues in Camino Mozarabe don't really care about it (I was right).
Does one need to purchase a new passport for each time one does the Camino?
You will want a new one.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%