• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Paulo Coelho — The Alchemy of Pilgrimage (August 14, 2014)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If after listening to the radio interview with Paulo Coelho you wish to read more of his books while you are on the CF do stop at Viloria de Rioja just east of Belorado. There Acacio and Orietta have created a comfortable refuge for BOTH walkers and cyclists. This features a multilingual library specializing in works by Paulo Coelho. Wifi is also available. The cozy dorm with 10 beds is heated by a wood burning stove. Great showers water you and not the ceiling, walls or your clothes. Tasty meals are donativo.

MM

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just read The Alchemist. Will have to check this out.

to be honest, Coelho's The Pilgrimage did not resonate with me. if one wants to bring a book to dwell upon i'd suggest his Manuel of the Warrior of Light - its light 150 pages are full of all the joy, doubt, and awe which arises while walking and so lends itself to contemplation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When I walked the CF I was amused when in one small town grocery store I saw many books in Spanish but just three books in English ... "The Pilgrimage" by Paulo Coelho, "The Camino" by Shirley MacLaine and "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy. I remember just standing there and laughing. I'm sure the owners had no idea what "The Road" is about.

It's a really bad Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum