• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

PEI-les

PEI-les

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Roncesvalles to Santiago, May/June (2006)
Camino VdlP, Seville to Caceres, May (2009)
Hi,
I'm Les,from Atlantic Canada,Iwalked the Camino from Roncesvalles
to Santiago,starting on the 18th of may 2006.
It was a journey that would not only put 4 new holes in my belt,but also
restore my faith in mankind and comradship,as pilgrim aided pilgrim along
the way to santiago.
Now, not a day passes without the memoriesof my Camino coming to
mind and reminding me of the 31 plus,days that turned me into a Camino
junkie.
I am slowly,(but reluctantly!),being dragged into the 21st century but
I,m afraid ,with my limited access to a computer,combined with only basic
surfing skills......not to mention two index fingers that can't decide whose turn it is to punch a key next.....is not conducive to rapid on-line banter!!

Refugio of note : "Refugio de Peregrinos"
Acacio & Orietta
Viloria de Rioja
(my over-night stop between Navarret and Atapuerca,....good food..
good friends,and only 7 of the 16 places in use the night i stayed.

Safe travels to all,Les.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
(the camino) restore my faith in mankind and comradship, as pilgrim aided pilgrim...not a day passes without the memoriesof my Camino...Camino junkie.

Ditto to all, Les, peregrino.

Un abrazo,

xm 8)

Wow, 4 new holes in your belt! When I walked, I only had to create an extra one. I was discussing this with some of the guys I met on the road when we were very near Santiago: We did lose weight, but in the places where we would've liked the fat to entirely disappear, some remained!

Naturally, since then the flab has returned with a vengeance!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
PEI les,

2 holes in my belt in fall 2006... but back to "normal" again :wink:

I am glad to see that we are several with the camino junkie syndrome.

EVERYDAY I think about people and places that I met on the Camino. I sometimes worry that I could suffer from some mental problems; it is nice to see that others were also marked by this experience. I guess a lot of people on this forum are also "victims" of this syndrome.
Sometimes, my friends tell me that I often speak of the Camino; it makes me feel like I am turning into an old senile individual :wink: I don't care because I know how beautiful this experience has been, and I will return some day.

time to plan another camino!

thanks for replies guys,it 's been 10 months since I finished my Camino
and 2 of the 4 new holes I had to put in my belt have become obsolete,so it must be time to start breaking-in a new pair of boots for maybe Sept. les

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.