• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

photos of my recent Camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous photos. I don't carry a camera because of the extra weight so it is lovely to see pictures that remind me of where I have been and where I hope to be again.

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe always,

Lydia

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Andrew
Had a look a few weeks ago and laughed when you said about the heavens opening after you got in the car from Castrojeriz, I had that feeling as well of being blessed with good weather. These photos just add to my feeling of wanting to walk the Frances again.

Hi Andrew,

Beautiful photos!! How did you go with an SLR (I presume) on the Camino? Did you take several battery packs all charged? Or were you able to charge them at night?

Inspirational photos, thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi mkel040,

I didn't take an SLR because of the weight and bulk so last year I bought a Panasonic lumix lx5
http://spanishfootsteps.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html which has proved to be the perfect compromise between a compact and an SLR. Rather than carry the weight of it's charger I took an extra lithium battery but despite taking over 500 photos I never had to use it. I sometimes used my iphone4 camera which is why some photos are rather grainy as it only has a digital zoom. If I took my SLR I would take spare charged batteries to reduce weight but you shouldn't find it a problem using a charger at alburgues.

Grayland - Yes, the blog heading was written for a VdlP Camino the year before and I decided to keep it running. The Vdlp photos are also on there. At some point I'll add text from my CF diary...

Thanks,

Andrew.

Most read last week in this forum