• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

picos de Europa and camino

turlough

Hi all
i have cycled the Camino Frances 4 times and the Via de la Plata once and am now interested in crossing the Picos on route to Santiago.
Possibly flying into Bilbao or Santander and cycling then to La Hermida and onwards to PD Vadeon, Ponga, Pueb Lillo, Cuerigo, Mieres, S Emiliano, Pola Somie and meetimg up with the Camino to the south or continuing across to Lugo and on from there. have very little knowledge of Picos but what i have seen on websites looks outstanding.
Will be bringing my 13 old son along.

If any of you have knowledge of this route across the Picos id love to hear from you, especially as to how long it might take...

Gracias

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
picos and camino

Turlough,

I haven't done the trip you're planning but I notice that Ivar has a link on this site to supported bike tours in the Picos. I know you'll probably make your own arrangements but maybe you'll get some ideas from it. Also take a look at Trento Bike Pages - there may be tour reports from the Picos there. What I do know is that it will be hilly!

Slan!(no accents on my symbol list!)

Most read last week in this forum