• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Pontecesures to Santiago

pa’delante

Planning Portuguese Coast June 2022
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese coastal June 2022
I am on the camino, planning on taking the Camino Espiritual. Is it doable to take the boat and then walk from Pontecesures to Santiago the same day ? Wise pilgrim words are welcomed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It depends on what time the boats leave. Thatt depends on the tide and there are more boats. If you want to walk to Santiago the same day you should take the earliest boat. But it is unsure if you can arrange a reservation.
If you need to be in Santiago and cannot afford an extra day I would not take the risk ( or you could take a taxi from Villanova to Pontesecures or Padron if you cannot take the boat. The Variante Espiritual is beautifull, for me the best stages of the Portugues)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Be prepared to wear warm clothing, it was freezing cold in the 8 o clock boat. (I was on an open boat another company used a coveren biat)

The boat is a great option. Total change of scenery and, if you have the same pilot, a very informative journey. The last 28km is doable in one day, depending on tide times. Mine left at 9h30 and I arrived in Padron in the middle of market day. Overwhelmingly noisy after so many kilometers sĂłlo, but a great place to top up fresh fruit and cheese. I broke the journey around half way at O Faramello, leaving just 13.5 km for a shorter stroll into Santiago de Compostela.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back