• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Portico de la Gloria - timings for free visits

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
tx

Thank you, Brady, for posting it. I will be amazing to see Portico in its polychromed glory. Those who saw it before the renovation may be a bit shocked.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you, Brady, for posting it. I will be amazing to see Portico in its polychromed glory. Those who saw it before the renovation may be a bit shocked.

I have not seen the restored Portico in person yet but I have seen a lot of detailed photographs of it. It looks to have been done with great care and subtlety. Not garish. I think most people will be pleasantly surprised rather than shocked. The comments by those who have seen it over the summer were overwhelmingly positive.

Most read last week in this forum