• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Possible credit card data security issue in Spain

Theo

Hi,

My bank, in France, informed me about a possible forgery of my credit card because I was in Spain ...!

I found no more information about that on the French web and newspapers...

Yesterday, I did some searches on English web pages.

I found there is a possible scam in Spain.

Read these pages :

For Germany : Der Spiegel and Great Britain : BBC News

Théo

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is concerning, but it happens every day here in North America as well.It's one of those things we have to anticipate if we take advantage of conveniences like credit cards. I have had cards compromised a few times here in Canada and America. As long as you take the precautions you're supposed to, there's nothing at all that I know of that you can do to avoid these breaches.

lynne

As I remember I rarely used my credit card in Spain. It is a VISA card but noone was very enthusiastic about accepting it and I ended up just getting cash from the bank machine every few days or so wihich worked fine.

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum