• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Postponement, now starting again

Larazet

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances "2013" had to stop half way due to tendonitis ... Continuing May 2014..postponed to 2015. SdC to Muxia 2016.
My husband has completed his chemo treatment for colon cancer and now, six months later is training like mad for his 7 April start from home near Condom to S de C. I am joining him in Spain near Frómista on 4 May where I had to finish two years ago and we will continue together. I am praying that we will both complete this safely and healthily together - a couple of tough early 70 year olds! Ultreia!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
My husband has completed his chemo treatment for colon cancer and now, six months later is training like mad for his 7 April start from home near Condom to S de C. I am joining him in Spain near Frómista on 4 May where I had to finish two years ago and we will continue together. I am praying that we will both complete this safely and healthily together - a couple of tough early 70 year olds! Ultreia!
God blessure you , Peter

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We will be starting on April 1. We wish you all the best on your journey. Maya and Bruno

Quite often, we on this forum are priveliged to read of good news and the triumph of man ( or woman) over adversity.
Many times we have been blessed through the goodwill and prayers of others.
Very seldom do we fail to be inspired by the determination and belief of others.
Never have we been lost for words, and once in a while we read a post that makes us feel nothing but joy for the writer of that post.
Lazaret, you have brought us that joy.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Couldn't have put it better John wonderful words !
Just to add: God Bless you Lazaret and your dear husband, may San Tiago walk with you.

I can but echo the others. Great news & Buen Camino.
Suzanne :)

Larazet...it goes without saying that cancer can and has been a game changer in many a person...young and old.
It can also be said, that the Camino is an equal opportunity blesser.
You are blessed the first time you hear of the Camino; because it begins a process of evaluation: a). IS this something that's right for me? b). Can I make it right now...or do I need to reorganize my life before I reorganize my pack? c). Will I meet new friends, or will I walk in solitude? Remembering those back home, those I've just met and, those I hope to meet again. d). Will I be the same person when I return home? Can I finally put "happy" back into my lexicon, or will I substitute "really happy?"
Walking with the one you love; sharing whatever the Camino brings...will open new chapters in your life together...and possibly close those chapters best left in the past.
Although we may not cross paths, though I would be blessed if we did; may I suggest you bring with you a small jar of mustard seeds that you can sow as you make your Way to Santiago. A few seeds here...a few seeds there. Over the years, some will take root and a beautiful golden mustard tree will grow to mark your passing and light the Way for those yet to make their decision to walk the Camino.

God Bless,

Arn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I admire the determination :)

On Feb 3 2014 I suffered my second heart attack. I had previously walked the Camino 3 times and used those Camino experiences to inspire myself to rehab and regain my health. On AUG 8 2014 I started my fourth and completed it in Sept on the very day that the bike race (Vuelo d'Espagne) entered the city! Darn near killed in a torrent of cyclists who were not pilgrims!:confused: There is some irony in that I think.

My point I guess is that keeping the "little train that could" attitude will go a very long way to successful completion.

Good Luck and Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.