• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Primitivo in 2013

jurissuits

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France (from Sarria) in April/May 2010, Camino Primitivo in May 2013
Hi, I'm Juris from Latvia. I made the shortest Camino from Sarria in 2010 in 4 days and hope to do Primitivo some day... I've already started provisory planning keeping in mind April/ May 2013. So I joined this forum in a hope to find useful ideas and suggestions. The first time forum was very helpful for preparation. However me and my colleague made the route in four days instead of five as was suggested by others. Sarria - Gonzar - Ribadizo di Baiho - Monte de Gozo and last 5 kms to Santiago in the morning of the fourth day.
I'd be very glad If somebody was so kind and share his/ her experience walking Primitivo. I'd like to find some planning tool like for the first Camino I used http://www.godesalco.com. Unfortunately there are no planning options in that site for other Caminos but France.
Thanks in advance.. :)
Juris

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Welcome Juris,
You will find a number of useful threads on the primitivo section of the forum http://www.caminodesantiago.me/board/camino-primitivo/ and also various blog links.
Check out the ones linked to this post amongst others. The globe :arrow: is the link to the Primitivo blog
We used the CSJ printed guide Los Caminos del Norte, F: Camino Primitivo http://www.csj.org.uk/acatalog/The_CSJ_Bookshop_Pilgrim_Guides_to_Spain_23.html
and also http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/camino-primitivo.htm for our planning.
Enjoy your planning and Buen Camino

Camino Primitivo in 8 days

Hi, just returned from Primitivo.
I'd like to encourage those who have read in the Forum that Primitivo is doable in not less than 11 days. I and my colleague Latvian priest Andris started on the 12th of May from Oviedo and did it in 8 days!
We started walking early (around 7 a.m.) every day and walked 10-12 hours per day. As a result at the end we even were able to attend the next Sunday's Pilgrims Mass (to be absolutely precise we started with the Pilgrims Office and were in the Cathedral for the Consecration part of the Holy Mass..).

1. 12/05/2013 Oviedo - Cornellana - 35 kms
2. 13/05/2013 Cornellana - Campiello - 43 kms
3. 14/05/2013 Campiello - La Messa (through Pola de Allande) - 37 kms
4. 15/05/2013 La Messa - Padron - 41 kms
5. 16/05/2013 Padron - Lugo - 54 kms
6. 17/05/2013 Lugo - As Seixas (using Via Romana) - 32 kms
7. 18/05/2013 As Seixas - Brea (Meson San Miguel) - 44 kms
8. 19/05/2013 Brea - Santiago de Compostela - 26 kms.

Distances between stays were measured using my HTC phone's Endomondo application and do not match perfectly those I found at Gronze.com site.

Juris (from Latvia)

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.