• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

"Raining in Santiago"

A

Anonymous

"Luar na lubre" is a well known Galego music group. This song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JQnIPv3 ... ed&search= is called "Chove en Santiago" ("Raining in Santiago").

The Galego language lyrics were written by Federico Garcia Lorca

Enjoy, xm 8)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Raining in Santiago

""It never rains in Santiago, but girl, don't they warn you
it pours, man it pours""

Here's "Negra sombra," by Rosalia Castro. Her house/museum in Iria Flavia/Padron, a must stop "pilgrimage" onto itself, is located on the Camino Portugues. Included is a text of this poem/song, originally written by Rosalia in Galego ("Follas Novas," 1880), and a Spanish-language translation, for an interesting comparison of both languages. Enjoy, xm 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wIk8fPz ... ed&search=

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes, the weather seems crazy. Lots of rain north of Zamora a week or so ago - but I got to learn a new word: "granizo" the Spanish for hail. I must confess I never thought I'd need to know that in Spain in the spring!

I am taking notes for next spring as I will pass through this region.

XM you also made me discover Luz Casal; she has a wonderful voice. Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Luz Casal is something else, Ulysse! She reached international fame when she sang the old Spanish-language bolero: "Piensa en mi," in one of Almodovar's relatively recent flicks. Sexy/sultry...u'd like it! Best, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum