• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rebooting from Burgos

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Two Camino's ago, I started in Burgos so that I could experience the Meseta that I skipped my first Camino in 2008. At that time I was injured. I had heard the Meseta was one long boring stage, so skipping was an easy decision. In reality, the Meseta is most beautiful and not to be missed. In addition, meeting Reb and Paddy in Moratinos at their "Peaceable Kingdom" is an adventure in itself.
Oh, when you visit the Burgos Cathedral, go into the side garden. Their is a painting of El CID. He looks just like Charlton Heston.
Buen Camino,
Arn

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Did SJPP to Burgos in 2010 and now going back to complete the camino from Burgos starting May22
A bit of a gap, but have a good time!! :)

The number of pilgrims has skyrocketed. You walked in the last Holy Year, which was extremely busy, but last year had more pilgrims than 2010. You did not experience the crowds in the last 100km, but you will this year. In 2010, the xuntas provided additional temporary accommodations for the crowds, but they will not be there this year. Permanent infrastructure has expanded, but there are still bottlenecks.

Did SJPP to Burgos in 2010 and now going back to complete the camino from Burgos starting May22
Hi Allan, welcome back.
A lot of people don't like the Meseta,for me it was the favorite part to walk.
Hope you will enjoy it to.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Allan, as this will be the first time you experience the Meseta I suggest staying at San Bol albergue. I think there are only 12 beds available, but that limited capacity is a real plus, especially when meeting with folk from all around the world at the communal meal eaten at a very large round table in the evening. San Bol is very special and walking out on the Meseta from there at sunrise is magical. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I too enjoyed the Meseta. In the evenings, as we gathered in the albergues, though I often wondered if I walked the same route as many of the others as they did not seem to have the same appreciation for the Meseta.

Thanks to all that commented, now older and wiser so will carry less and take it easier. started training on Jan 1 in hilly bush land close to home in Melbourne, building endurance steadily each day - have even quit smoking so maybe O Cebreiro wont be quite as daunting.
Meseta will be opportunity to walk and think about life the universe and everything.

Thanks to all that commented, now older and wiser so will carry less and take it easier. started training on Jan 1 in hilly bush land close to home in Melbourne, building endurance steadily each day - have even quit smoking so maybe O Cebreiro wont be quite as daunting.
Meseta will be opportunity to walk and think about life the universe and everything.
Hi Allan , good for you that you quit smoking .
Wish you well, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A bit of a gap, but have a good time!! :)

The number of pilgrims has skyrocketed. You walked in the last Holy Year, which was extremely busy, but last year had more pilgrims than 2010. You did not experience the crowds in the last 100km, but you will this year. In 2010, the xuntas provided additional temporary accommodations for the crowds, but they will not be there this year. Permanent infrastructure has expanded, but there are still bottlenecks.
Yes, I remember in June 2010 an old lady opening up her house to feed pilgrims. We did manage to get an albergue somewhere too. Very busy that year.

Hi Allan. Im heading over on my firstCamino from Melbourne to Madrid. Decided to start in Leon on may 18. Im a slow walker so may run into me. Not sure how my training is doing. I fell off wagin with an achilles injury so trying to build up slowly again.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hello, Planning Sarria to Campostela mid Sept, 2024. Both wife and I are 71 years old and from America. Will fly from Paris to Campostela. We are pretty active and estimate 10-13 miles per day OK...
I have been planning my upcoming Camino using the Wise Pilgrim Frances app. Unfortunately, it has stalled at Burgos and will not give me any information beyond that city. I have tried...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back