• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rebooting from Burgos

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Two Camino's ago, I started in Burgos so that I could experience the Meseta that I skipped my first Camino in 2008. At that time I was injured. I had heard the Meseta was one long boring stage, so skipping was an easy decision. In reality, the Meseta is most beautiful and not to be missed. In addition, meeting Reb and Paddy in Moratinos at their "Peaceable Kingdom" is an adventure in itself.
Oh, when you visit the Burgos Cathedral, go into the side garden. Their is a painting of El CID. He looks just like Charlton Heston.
Buen Camino,
Arn

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Did SJPP to Burgos in 2010 and now going back to complete the camino from Burgos starting May22
A bit of a gap, but have a good time!! :)

The number of pilgrims has skyrocketed. You walked in the last Holy Year, which was extremely busy, but last year had more pilgrims than 2010. You did not experience the crowds in the last 100km, but you will this year. In 2010, the xuntas provided additional temporary accommodations for the crowds, but they will not be there this year. Permanent infrastructure has expanded, but there are still bottlenecks.

Did SJPP to Burgos in 2010 and now going back to complete the camino from Burgos starting May22
Hi Allan, welcome back.
A lot of people don't like the Meseta,for me it was the favorite part to walk.
Hope you will enjoy it to.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Allan, as this will be the first time you experience the Meseta I suggest staying at San Bol albergue. I think there are only 12 beds available, but that limited capacity is a real plus, especially when meeting with folk from all around the world at the communal meal eaten at a very large round table in the evening. San Bol is very special and walking out on the Meseta from there at sunrise is magical. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I too enjoyed the Meseta. In the evenings, as we gathered in the albergues, though I often wondered if I walked the same route as many of the others as they did not seem to have the same appreciation for the Meseta.

Thanks to all that commented, now older and wiser so will carry less and take it easier. started training on Jan 1 in hilly bush land close to home in Melbourne, building endurance steadily each day - have even quit smoking so maybe O Cebreiro wont be quite as daunting.
Meseta will be opportunity to walk and think about life the universe and everything.

Thanks to all that commented, now older and wiser so will carry less and take it easier. started training on Jan 1 in hilly bush land close to home in Melbourne, building endurance steadily each day - have even quit smoking so maybe O Cebreiro wont be quite as daunting.
Meseta will be opportunity to walk and think about life the universe and everything.
Hi Allan , good for you that you quit smoking .
Wish you well, Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A bit of a gap, but have a good time!! :)

The number of pilgrims has skyrocketed. You walked in the last Holy Year, which was extremely busy, but last year had more pilgrims than 2010. You did not experience the crowds in the last 100km, but you will this year. In 2010, the xuntas provided additional temporary accommodations for the crowds, but they will not be there this year. Permanent infrastructure has expanded, but there are still bottlenecks.
Yes, I remember in June 2010 an old lady opening up her house to feed pilgrims. We did manage to get an albergue somewhere too. Very busy that year.

Hi Allan. Im heading over on my firstCamino from Melbourne to Madrid. Decided to start in Leon on may 18. Im a slow walker so may run into me. Not sure how my training is doing. I fell off wagin with an achilles injury so trying to build up slowly again.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back