• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Recommend a lightweight solar phone charger?

AFB_CF_2018

Time of past OR future Camino
Newbie. Walking CN June/July 2018.
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can recommend a lightweight solar charger for an IPhone 8? I live in the States and leave in early june. Only looking for something I can order in the states.

Thanks!

A

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just thinking of not having to plug things in. Vacillating between solar and a back up battery. I’ll be in the Norte for 5 weeks but posted in Frances because more people read it.

IMHO, this is useless weight, and one more thing to lose. The others are correct. There are plenty of outlets to plug in your charger. All you need is a plug pin adapter. The native Apple charger will work fine on Euro current (220 vac, 50 hz).

Also, you can pick up an Apple Euro charger in any mobile / phone shop for Euro 24,99. Similarly, lightning cords are ubiquitous.

Hope this helps.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Something else to carry, I never had a problem finding a place to recharge, if you get low between Albergues, most bars will let you charge your devices for the cost of a cafe con leche or beer.

Honestly? Solar chargers are a complete waste of time in my opinion; take a good power bank and a continental charger ( I got mine from amazon.fr) with at least two USB outlets (allows you to share) so that you can keep your devices and your power bank charged up. My charger is by Anker and has served me very well.
Ultreïa

We found a Waka waka solar panel, which also has a torch option. By buying one, you support charity projects as initiated by the Waka waka organisation.
If the sun has gone for a walk, it can also be charged from a conventional socket.
https://us.waka-waka.com/ tells you more about this device.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum