• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Recommendations for a day off Logrono to Burgos?

roamingpaddy

Time of past OR future Camino
Good morning,I would be greatful for recommendations for a day off between and including Lograno to Burgos please, I would like to spend the off day with a bit of sight seeing with little walking also chilling in cafe's,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Logroño has some great tapas bars. Burgos the cathedral and nice food. Santo Domingo is nice. I'd just go, and see what you feel like along the way.

Stops are often better taken when you feel you need them rather than planed ahead.

I can only add to the great recommendations above Najera with its Pantheon of the Kings and Queens of Navarra and an array of cafes along the bank of the river Najerilla. However, personally, I would spend the whole day long visiting splendid Cathedral in Burgos and hidden gem of the Way that is Cartuja de Miraflores also in Burgos. Both absolutely unforgettable.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My daughter and I took a rest day in Belorado. It is lovely. We did a short walk up the hill behind the cathedral to see a cave and some ruins, and were rewarded with a beautiful panorama of the area.

Najera is a great place to put your feet up by the river. There are a few churches to look at, and some reasonable restaurants. Santo Domingo has more to look at, if you know your churches.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum