• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

refugio in SJPP

davidcfrank

I will be starting out on the Camino Frances from SJPP in early September. I will arrive by train from Bayonne, hopefully at about 7:30pm, but maybe as late as 10:30. Can anyone please let me know what are the options for a place at a Refugio at these times? As this is a major starting point for the Camino is it possible to reserve a place?

David

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A Dutch couple, who have walked the Camino Frances and the Via de la Plata, have opened a private Refugio right across the street from the office where you get your credencial on Rue Citadelle. It is a wonderful place, http://www.espritduchemin.org/ and you can make reservations. In St. Jean, there is no shortage of private rooms/alberges, etc, but we really liked this place a lot.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum