• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Reintroducing myself

jeffnd

Time of past OR future Camino
March/April 2014
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously, that didn't happen. Life gets in the way, I guess. Job changes, life situation changes, etc.

But I just got word from my employer that they are open to giving me the time off next year so I can walk again! They are allowing me to take my vacations back to back and to take a few extra unpaid days off.

Last time, I walked from St. Jean to Santiago in 35 days. I know that's about average, but I still felt rushed at times. And I didn't give myself enough time to walk out to the ocean after Santiago. At this time, my plan is to be on the Camino sometime in early to mid March of next year and to give myself 40 days of walking. I want to take more time to relax at breakfast in the morning, to dwell a little bit longer in churches, to take detours to see historical sites, take more photos, and just "be" on the Camino.

I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I was lucky last time. While I had been wanting to go for around 2 years before that, the choice to go came almost on a whim and there was barely any wait. Now I have almost 11 months to wait! At the same time, I'm nervous too. I'll be dealing with some health challenges this time around. I hope I can be in better shape before I go. I had also hoped to learn more Spanish this time too. 11 months hardly feels like enough time to get ready!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I want to take more time to relax at breakfast in the morning, to dwell a little bit longer in churches, to take detours to see historical sites, take more photos, and just "be" on the Camino.
Sounds wonderful for a second time around Camino, I think you will appreciate and enjoy these things much more on a second Camino., and a good way to avoid expectations that the second one will be the same as the first.

My Camino CF was 32 days, I don't feel it was rushed (even though I had spare days at the end), the Camino swept me along at the pace it was meant to, but if ever I went on the CF again I would probably love to do the same as you suggest.

Buen Camino

That's wonderful @jeffnd A suggestion for picking up some Spanish. Try the Language Transfer app - it's free, the lessons are short and practical, the style is user friendly and encouraging. Easy to listen to while you're out walking for the next 11 months. All the best..

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back