A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Replacing lost sleeping bag liner

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2018)
I had my sleeping bag liner attached to my bag with some makeshift elastic straps, and it was lost during my travels. It is my first night in Paris, where can I find a replacement? Would it be better to find one here in Paris, or perhaps wait until I reach SJPdP?

Advertisment

Advertisment

Lucy Keenan

Camino(s) past & future
Northern Route - 2016
Santiago to Finestiere and Muxia - 2017
Frances Route - May 2018
Camino Ingles
If you have a sleeping bag, you may not need your liner. On my last camino I used it once and am leaving it behind on my next one.

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
Get thee to thy nearest Decathlon sports department store. Search www.Decathlon.fr or www.Decathlon.es on your smartphone browser. There is one within bus distance from the Bayonne train station, in the adjacent ville, Anglet.

BTW. This was in another thread this past week about making a train connection at Bayonne IIRC. There is NOT one in Saint Jean Pied de Port. I do not have the thread address at hand. But use the search function to find it.

Decathlon has to be seen to be believed. They literally have aisle of goods dedicated to most every sport, not just the major ones. Where else in Europe can one actually buy a baseball bat...seriously?

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF15, CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF17, CP17, CdN, CM, CF18, LePuy19
The Decathlon is short bus ride from Bayonne to the BAB big box shopping complex but it is not in the shopping center. There is also a nice outdoor shop in Bayonne, if you don't have the time to take a bus out of town.

FLEUR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
Where is the outdoor shop in Bayonne, is it near the Cathedral by any chance?

Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
Hi h.de - yes, the pilgrim shop in St Jean sells liners - and loads of other good things!

Buy some nappy (diaper) pins - the locking safety pins; anything you attach to your pack, such as a wet towel, won't fall off - Buen Camino!!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%