Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rest Day

John R McLean

Time of past OR future Camino
Last: 2023 Camino Primitivo, Muxia, Finisterre
Looking at options for a rest day along the Camino Primitivo and Lugo obviously looks like the most likely place but do you have suggestion for an alternative place? I will be bringing a first timer along and thought Lugo would be a good place to explore as well as enjoy a night out of food and drink but I'm open to suggestions.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have stayed in Lugo twice to rest there. Once we were there for Corpus Christi and it was a wonderful experience to go to an outdoor mass and see the procession that followed. It's a beautiful historical UNESCO World Heritage town and it's worth a visit. I would highly recommend going there and enjoy the culture, the architecture, the cuisine and the people:)

Hi John - Lugo is an excellent choice. So much to see. And be sure to take time to walk on the 3rd century Roman wall that surrounds the city. Once during the day and once at night if you can. A stroll on the wall after dinner is magical.

I'd also recommend that, if time allows, you have a day to explore Oviedo before you start the Primitivo. It's a fabulous town too.

Enjoy the Primitivo. I've walked it twice and it's really one of my favourite Camino paths. Would do it again without hesitation.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have stayed in Lugo twice to rest there. Once we were there for Corpus Christi and it was a wonderful experience to go to an outdoor mass and see the procession that followed. It's a beautiful historical UNESCO World Heritage town and it's worth a visit. I would highly recommend going there and enjoy the culture, the architecture, the cuisine and the people:)
Cheers! Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Thanks to those of you who have wished me Buen Camino pm! My plan was Salvador/Prim, but 1) cold feet because of a knee (old injury) and 2) would have to rush with no possibilty of short/rest...
We are arriving in Madrid on May 5th. I went online today to purchase train tickets to Oviedo and it doesn't show any train service. Does that mean the trains are sold out? Or maybe some other...
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back