• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Returning from Santiago - St Jean/ Bayonne

theyogaman

I am beginning to wonder if my planned journey is not meant to be! I have spent a month emailing, 'phoning and researching ways to get me and my bike back from Santiago to Bayonne on Saturday 8th June (or before), all to no avail. Can anyone out there help, please?

The 'independentrip.com' website is down, has been for weeks and they are not answering the 'phone. 'Eurolines' don't take bikes even if boxed & bagged

I have found a cycle shop in Santiago who can box and ship the bike back to the UK for 99Euro, but I really would like to keep the bike with me.

Any advice would be much appreciated...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Perhaps you might take the bike with you on the RENFE train which leaves SdC about 9am and arrives at Irun/Hendaye about 9pm. From there a local TER train goes to Bayonne. The RENFE train needs to be reserved.

Buen Camino,
Margaret Meredith

Margaret's answer is to the best of my knowledge perfect.

In December 2010 I saw signs up on lamposts etc from a company offering to shift bikes to where you need them to go. No idea if they are relaible or what the cost is so I would stick with the RENFRE.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum