• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rooms in Deba

Thomas V

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 & 2017 FRANCES, 2018 Portuguese, 2019 Norte Irún to Santiago
Greetings all!
I’ll be in Deba on August 25th. I started looking for a room for my wife and I but found nothing on that date. The Geltoki Pilgrims Hostel (an old train station) has 56 beds and I saw it got good ratings from pilgrims. Can any of you who have stayed there give me some information on it? Also do you think there will be a race for beds in late August? I’m guessing you can’t book ahead? Or can you?

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Friendly,cosy albergue,very busy at the end of April. We had to register at the tourist office which closes between 2.30 and 4 so there was a long queue waiting at 4pm but can have lunch in the Plaza beforehand.
sorry,no idea what it would be like in August.

Thanks

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Clean, modern, friendly. Stayed there March 2018. No eating/cooking facilities not even a kettle to make tea.

I really enjoyed the albergue in Deba when I was there last July, but it did fill up quite quickly, and a number of pilgrims had to go on farther.
August is a popular month for Europeans to vacation, so try to arrive early.

I really enjoyed the albergue in Deba when I was there last July, but it did fill up quite quickly, and a number of pilgrims had to go on farther.
August is a popular month for Europeans to vacation, so try to arrive early.
Thanks for the info we will try and get an early start form Zarautz

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum