A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Rooms in Deba

2020 Camino Guides

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
2016 & 2017 FRANCES, 2018 Portuguese, 2019 Norte Irún to Santiago
Greetings all!
I’ll be in Deba on August 25th. I started looking for a room for my wife and I but found nothing on that date. The Geltoki Pilgrims Hostel (an old train station) has 56 beds and I saw it got good ratings from pilgrims. Can any of you who have stayed there give me some information on it? Also do you think there will be a race for beds in late August? I’m guessing you can’t book ahead? Or can you?

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Friendly,cosy albergue,very busy at the end of April. We had to register at the tourist office which closes between 2.30 and 4 so there was a long queue waiting at 4pm but can have lunch in the Plaza beforehand.
sorry,no idea what it would be like in August.

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
Friendly,cosy albergue,very busy at the end of April. We had to register at the tourist office which closes between 2.30 and 4 so there was a long queue waiting at 4pm but can have lunch in the Plaza beforehand.
sorry,no idea what it would be like in August.
Thanks

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
Clean, modern, friendly. Stayed there March 2018. No eating/cooking facilities not even a kettle to make tea.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I really enjoyed the albergue in Deba when I was there last July, but it did fill up quite quickly, and a number of pilgrims had to go on farther.
August is a popular month for Europeans to vacation, so try to arrive early.

Thomas V

Camino(s) past & future
I really enjoyed the albergue in Deba when I was there last July, but it did fill up quite quickly, and a number of pilgrims had to go on farther.
August is a popular month for Europeans to vacation, so try to arrive early.
Thanks for the info we will try and get an early start form Zarautz

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock