• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ruta Del Besaya

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Various ones.
It's an old pilgrimage route which runs from either two places Santander or Suances in Cantabria on the Coast to Carrion de Los Condes on the CF.
It would have been a route for pilgrims of old who arrived by boat and then walked to Santiago, which is exactly my intention next year. I have been looking at this for a while but found a website which gives me more than enough info,
It might just have sold it to me.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ivar just started a new sub-forum for the route, so all the info can be kept in one place for future planning!

A big thanks to you and Ivar.
I might not even walk this route, I still have a yearning to walk from Santo Toribio to Covadonga next year and continuing to Santiago, but the 1st link is so detailed it will help other people get an insight into the route.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back