Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Santa Eulalia

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
We will get to Lugo today. That means tomorrow for Santa Eulalia - is it open on a Sunday? If it's not we'd prefer to stick with our camino family and head directly to Froil.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We will get to Lugo today. That means tomorrow for Santa Eulalia - is it open on a Sunday? If it's not we'd prefer to stick with our camino family and head directly to Froil.

Hi Rachael,
This is from the Turismo website:-

Santa Eulalia de Bóveda

Dirección: Santalla de Bóveda de Mera, s/n
Teléfono: (+34) 982 23 13 61
Horario de visita:
De Lunes a Viernes: de mañana 8:00-15:00, de tarde 16:00-18:00, Sábados, Domingos y Festivos: 11:30-19:30.

web page here:- http://www.lugoturismo.com/quevisitar/cultural/?idioma=c&pag=santaeulalia

So it should be open from 11.30 - 7.30 tomorrow. You could try the phone number to check it out!
I see you are looking at going through Friol - we have never tried that way, it will be interesting to know how you get on!

Blessings on your walking
Tio Tel

Thanks for that. We are now considering stopping at San Roman and then on to Sobrado....will let you know about it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There is a great private albergue at San Roman (El Candido) If you arrive in good time, or phone them (637 563 755 or +34 982 050480) you can book an evening meal. You can also book a room/beds. Breakfast is included in the cost, meal is extra according to the number of courses chosen and the choice is wide. It is just before the public albergue. Last bar is at San Roman itself, supplies etc and is about 1km before the 2 albergues. More info here.

You won't believe what happened! By our calculations we were at the intersection where we thought we should turn right for SE. BUT a road sign pointed straight ahead, and as we had already seen a few signs we decided to follow it and not our instincts. The road went on and on, then the markers dropped down to a cow path (where we met a whole herd of cows and the farmer and his wife) and I started wondering if we had missed a sign - but we were looking for one so carefully.
By now you can guess what happened! When I checked the GPS reading we had already done 17km so going back at that point was not an option. We plodded on in despondency and plonked ourselves outside the public albergue, waiting for it to open.
At your suggestion, we made enquiries about ordering in dinner and that will be the highlight of the day! The hospitalero was so kind and almost refused to let us order for five!! Four will be enough he says. So after missing Eunate, Santa Cristina, various churches in Oviedo and now the one I really really wanted to see, I think I'm going to have to return!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As it turned out, there was a sign on the door saying closed on Sundays (according to a French lady who made the detour)
Ironic really. A church closed on Sundays!!

As it turned out, there was a sign on the door saying closed on Sundays.
Ironic really. A church closed on Sundays!!
It is common in Spain. Village churches share a priest, so there is a mass only one week a month typically. They cannot leave them open or they would be robbed blind. In France you can knock on home doors around the church, and will often find the keeper of the key, who usually is quite willing to open it for you. A donation, as always, is appropriate.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.