• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago De Compostela Stamp

Vaughan Bell

Time of past OR future Camino
May - June 2018
Arriving in Santiago De Compostela tomorrow. Is it possible to get a stamp at the main Cathedral OR is it stamped at the Pilgrim’s Office?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Arriving in Santiago De Compostela tomorrow. Is it possible to get a stamp at the main Cathedral OR is it stamped at the Pilgrim’s Office?
The stamp is given at the Pilgrim Office. I asked once in the Cathedral if there was a stamp there at all and was told not.
Some of the churches on the way in also have their own sellos if you want them too.

Starting El Camino Norte in Bilbao. Is there somewhere in particulat I need to go for initial stamp?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The stamp affixed at the Pilgrim Office IS the official Cathedral sello / stamp. The Pilgrim Office is a branch of the Cathedral administration.

Hope this helps.

Wasn't there a stamp in the cathedral's shop? I think I got one there in 2015.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, is it possible to start to walk on the Camino de Santiago from Bilbao to Pamplona and keep following the route? I am thinking to start the trip in July. Any tips?

Hi, is it possible to start to walk on the Camino de Santiago from Bilbao to Pamplona and keep following the route? I am thinking to start the trip in July. Any tips?
. I know off the Camino the Baztan that is from Bayonne to Pamplona .

Maybe some off the other forum members know it .

Wish you well and Buen Camino , Peter .

There is no need for an "official" initial stamp. You can get your first sello from an albergue, hotel, bar, tourist office, supermarket, church or almost any Spanish business.

Supermarket or Spanish business? Wow I didn't know they had stamps...I learn something new about the Caminos every day
Cheerio Miki

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Along the Camino routes, and at Santiago, virtually every commercial business has a rubber stamp (sello). Because obtaining sellos can be a bit like a scavenger hunt on some routes, I resorted to knocking on winery (bodega) doors to seek sellos along the Camino de Invierno this past April.

Other 'creative' sources to obtain a sello include farmacias and police stations.

Hope this helps.

Most read last week in this forum