• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to Peniche, Portugal

DJ BJ

Does anyone have an idea how I can make it to Peniche in Portugal from Santiago? Buses or trains? I'm having problems wading through schedules with my limited Portugese (and by limited I mean none).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi there DJ BJ,

First of all, I would have to say that you live in a beautiful part of the US! I used to live in Fort Collins, and drove up in your area quite a few times. Great hiking country!

For the trip to Peniche (I have never been there), I think I would recommend the bus. Buses in Spain are usually a better way to travel that trains. Usually buses are more comfortable and faster.

Have a look at http://www.alsa.es (Click "English" in top right corner for a better understanding). They have a bus to Lisboa from Santiago de Compostela... its itinerary says it has the following stops:

these are aproxímate times.

... once you are in the general area you would need to change to local transportation to get to Peniche. Not sure about what would be the best way, but the Alsa bus might stop at the bustation in Leira or Fatima and then you could maybe get a local bus from there?

Buen camino!
Ivar

Ivar,

Thank you very much for the direction. Hopefully your new endeavor in Santiago will be in full swing by November and I'll see you at trails end.

Thanks again,
Bryan

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum