• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to Zurich?

Roogy

Hi, can anyone recommend any good options for getting to Zurich after the Camino?

Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Assuming you're talking about flying, I'd check: Santiago-Madrid-Zurich. Buen Camino, xm

Roogy, I just though...there may be flights from Labacolla (Santiago Airport) to Zurich, if not direct, maybe with a stop over. Something to check out. Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Last year I was flying with Iberia, stopover in Madrid. I booked well in advance, and paid around CHFr 250.- return. Iberia is also offering flights with stopover in Barcelona.
Air Berlin are offering flights to Zurich from Santiago via Palma de Mallorca, and they are cheap!
I heard about a direct bus from Santiago to Zurich, but don't know about timetables etc. And it takes ages to do the trip by bus...
Rolf

Thanks for the responses, just to confuse matters I would actually be looking at Santiago - Zurich - London, although I guess I could do return to Santiago and RyanAir back from there. I guess this confirms there are no easy connections though!!

First - to get to Santiago, I´m in Hospital de Orbigo now and it seems a very long way away still...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The problem with AirBerlin is that it doesn't arrive in Zurich at a very sociable hour if one still needs to take a train connection from there. The route that I eventually took was ClickAir via Barcelona - it arrived at a decent time and was cheaper than AirBerlin too - just take something to read for the time at Barcelona airport!

Thanks for the input, all.

Most read last week in this forum