• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Second year for O Camiño Grande

peregrina2000

Staff member
Another camino spin-off, this time a bike race into Santiago that goes through all four Galician provinces. According to the article, this will be the second year, so it seems to be on its way to becoming an annual event.

It’s called Camiño Grande. I think it was last year that the rumor got started that the Vuelta a España was going to start inside the Burgos cathedral, so to clarify about this race — it will start at the walls of Lugo and end in Obradoiro.

Luckily it is not scheduled for prime time Camino traffic, but anyone walking from 23-27 of February or thereabouts might want to check up on the stages.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In April 2015 my family and I were walking the Camino Portuguese. On our next to last day of walking into Santiago we were passed by 4000 cyclists. Many going very fast. Along narrow paths. It was not a good day to be walking. It was a weekend day. I advise avoiding February 23 - 27 or check the stage timing carefully. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum