• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking Camino shell

isadventure

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2023, Camino Frances
Hi all,
I hiked the Camino Frances this July (it was amazing ofc) & on the way home I lost my Camino shell. It was a beautiful purple and white shell that stayed with me all 600km, & I really wanted to hang it on my wall. But then I had to last-minute check my backpack when flying home & I forgot to untie the shell from the outside, & when I landed in the US it was gone :(
Does anyone have an extra shell that they'd be willing to share with me? Or do you know where I could get a good Jacob's shell? I'm happy to pay for shipping to Chicago or anything, just looking for a shell memento.
Isabel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Your local chapter of American Pilgrims should have a shell. Or you can find one at a craft store. I have even seen them in the Dollar Tree stores.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Shell scallop are very tasty, have you checked in the frozen section of a supermarket if you can find someone ? You could warm them, eat them, and got the shell.
Otherwise try to ask in a fish shop if they could give you one.
creative solution! i will do that if I can't find another Camino shell

Your local chapter of American Pilgrims should have a shell. Or you can find one at a craft store. I have even seen them in the Dollar Tree stores.

Thank you! I didn't know about this organization, I'll reach out to them

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You can buy them on Etsy, as well.

And right here of course.

And right here of course.
I didn't know that. oops.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back